Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Do you subrscribe to speculative fiction magazines?

So, yesterday I bought two ebook issues of Weird Tales for $7.99. Weird Tales is an American fantasy and horror pulp magazine that began in 1923. It has been in publication off and on since the end of its original run in 1954. What really caught my attention was the that issue #361 is a fairy tale issue with a short story by Peter S. Beagle, author of The Last Unicorn. Do any of you subscribe to these types of magazines? Which magazines do you recommend? I have found quite a few dedicated to science fiction, fantasy, and horror that I'm interested in subscribing. I've started reading more short stories lately and the weirder the better! I'm not sure what that says about me...

I found a website for Apex Magazine and read some crazy short stories on there! 
Issue # 361

Random cover that I like.
Oh, and if you're interested in this magazine then head over to the Weird Tales website.

Alright, that's it for right now. I have to put my reviewer hat on and try to write a smashing review. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Being the new contributing editor over at Weird Tales, I must commend your incredibly good taste!
    Plese let your readers know what you think of the newest incarnation.

    Doug Draa

    ReplyDelete