Rating: 7/10 lightsabers
THINGS I LIKED:
- The special effects were phenomenal. I was drooling the entire time. Everything looked so good and amazing. Especially the bots. I mean, loot at that! So cool.
- The fight scenes. This goes back to the special effects, but the fight scenes were really cool. I will buy this movie on dvd just to rewatch the fight scenes.
- Idris Alba. That man can act. He helped save this movie for me. He out acted everyone. I didn't even mind his "independence day speech" because it wasn't too long and the phrase "canceling the apocalypse" is a pretty good one.
Things I didn't like
- Charlie Hunnam. I'm sorry, I have nothing personal against this guy. He just brought the whole movie down and I feel bad for saying it. There were a few scenes where he gives a mean/angry look and it was bad. I wasn't the only one who laughed in the theater every time he made that face. Sorry, Charlie.
- The category 5 Kaiju. This was supposed to be the big boss, but it only got a few minutes of screen time. What's the point of having a badass boss if you don't have a proper final battle?!
That's all that I can think of that I didn't like at the moment. My only real complaint is Charlie Hunnam's acting. It took me out of the movie quite a few times. I'm sure I can think of more to complain about. Overall I enjoyed the movie, just not as much as I thought I would. If you like amazing special effects and don't mind a iffy storyline with mediocre acting then I would suggest seeing this movie.
Blastr.com posted a bunch of beautiful fan art posters. I would love to have any of these posters hanging in my room. Here are some of my favorites: