Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pacific Rim Review

After a few weeks of complaining about not seeing Pacific Rim, I finally went to see it last night. I thought it was going to be amazing. The special effects looked awesome, I have a slight crush on Charlie Hunnam, Idris Alba is a fantastic actor, and I love Guillermo del Toro. How could this movie not be amazing? This should've been a recipe for awesome, but instead all I got was pretty good.

 Rating: 7/10 lightsabers


THINGS I LIKED:

  • The special effects were phenomenal. I was drooling the entire time. Everything looked so good and amazing. Especially the bots.  I mean, loot at that! So cool.


  • The fight scenes. This goes back to the special effects, but the fight scenes were really cool. I will buy this movie on dvd just to rewatch the fight scenes.
     
  • Idris Alba. That man can act. He helped save this movie for me. He out acted everyone. I didn't even mind his "independence day speech" because it wasn't too long and the phrase "canceling the apocalypse" is a pretty good one.
     

Things I didn't like

  • Charlie Hunnam. I'm sorry, I have nothing personal against this guy.  He just brought the whole movie down and I feel bad for saying it. There were a few scenes where he gives a mean/angry look and it was bad. I wasn't the only one who laughed in the theater every time he made that face. Sorry, Charlie.
  •  The category 5 Kaiju. This was supposed to be the big boss, but it only got a few minutes of screen time. What's the point of having a badass boss if you don't have a proper final battle?! 

That's all that I can think of that I didn't like at the moment. My only real complaint is Charlie Hunnam's acting. It took me out of the movie quite a few times. I'm sure I can think of more to complain about.  Overall I enjoyed the movie, just not as much as I thought I would. If you like amazing special effects and don't mind a iffy storyline with mediocre acting then I would suggest seeing this movie.

Blastr.com posted a bunch of beautiful fan art posters. I would love to have any of these posters hanging in my room. Here are some of my favorites:


No comments:

Post a Comment