I am jumping on the bandwagon and participating in Good Books and Good Wine's 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge. Alright, here I go. Day 1!
Make 15 Book Related Confessions
1) I didn't start reading comic books until 2011! I went to my local comic book store to buy Magic: The Gathering packs and I saw the first issue of Scott Snyder's Swamp Thing. I saw the cover by Yanick Paquette and it was like meeting the man of my dreams in a crowded room. I knew it was meant to be.
2) I've hardly read any of the "classics" that were required reading in school. I was always busy reading other books! Luckily, high school wasn't that difficult and I could manage bullshitting my way though papers.
3) Somewhere on the internet is a Draco and Luna Lovegood fan fiction that I wrote when I was about 14 years old...It is the best piece of fiction you will ever read. If only I could find it again.
4) Most of the time I create a completely different image of the characters in my head. It really doesn't matter how the writer describes them. My brain just refuses to see them that way.
5) I actually like reading on my tablet. I refused to do it for about a year and then I gave in. My favorite thing about reading a book on my tablet is that I can highlight a word I don't know and the definition will come up. BAM! Instant knowledge into my brain.
6) Most of the time I feel insecure about my reviews. I think they're not long enough or not smart enough.
7) I get really annoyed when people dress up as a comic book character just because the outfit is sexy and not because they actually like the comic.
8) The only time I have ever cried because of a book is when I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I was so sad that it was over!
9) I yell profanities when I'm reading and something crazy/unexpected/dramatic happens. This can be a problem if I'm reading in public.
10) My favorite time to read is at night. I like to curl up in a blanket and read until I pass out.
11) I have recently added "does not read" to my deal breaker list. If I meet a guy and he doesn't read then I probably won't date him.
12) I have a really bad habit of losing books.
13) I can't read more than one book at a time. I just don't have the attention span.
14) I feel really sad when people say they don't like science fiction or that it is stupid.
15) I own more comic books than novels. Don't judge me.