Saturday, August 9, 2014

Guadrians of the Galaxy Review




Guardians of the Galaxy is the one movie this year that I was most anticipating.  As a huge fan of comic books and science fiction, I knew this movie was the one for me.  I absolutely loved this movie.  I've seen it twice now and if I could afford to see it three more times then I would!  It's funny, gorgeous, and witty.  This crazy crew of misfits each stand out on their own, but also complement each other so well.  At one point, I thought Rocket Raccoon was my favorite character, then Groot would steal a scene, then Drax would say something hilarious!  The only person, in my opinion, who didn't have a "stand out" moment is Gamora.  I loved her character design and I think her fight scene with Nebula was supposed to be her moment, but it fell flat.  It was edited strangely and I never thought "wow, that was a great fight scene".  Also, the romantic scenes felt awkward.  They took me out of the movie a little bit and I wished they were just taken out.  Luckily, the movie mainly focuses on the crew as a whole and not on the sexual tension between Peter and Nebula.  Humor is the reason people are going to love this movie.  This is by far the funniest Marvel movie.  I'll have to see it a few more times to decide if it is my favorite Marvel movie ever.  The Avengers had a much better villain, but come on.  There's no way anyone can beat Tom Hiddleston's Loki...I'd like to see someone try.  Lee Pace as Ronan The Accuser did a good job as a villain and I thought he looked menacing enough.  I have read many reviews saying he was a weak villain, but I thought he was a HUGE step up from Thor: The Dark World's villain Malakith.  SO BAD. (not Christopher Eccleston's fault though. He did what he could).  At least I never forgot who the villain was in this movie unlike I did while watching Thor: The Dark World.  And I do have to complain about Marvel constantly fake killing their characters.  I'm sick of it and it is actually starting to piss me off.  Anyways, overall this was a fun movie for all ages.  Take your mom, take your kids, take your grandparents, or just go alone.  You're going to want to experience this movie in the theaters with a crowd.  I went on opening night and I haven't had this much fun in a theater since The Avengers.  Everyone was laughing, cheering, and, as much as I hate this, clapping at the end. So, if you're that one person who hasn't seen this movie yet then go get your butt in that theater right now.

Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment