Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Review of Collider #1

Collider #1 by Simon Oliver with art by Robbi Rodriguez
Vertigo Comics

Alright, so I've been waiting to read Collider since I heard about it. I finally got the chance to read it today! Okay, so Adam West is an agent at the Bureau of Physics. Our world has changed drastically. Physics is no longer following the rules. There are quantum tornadoes and places where gravity is absent. That's when Adam and his fellow agents are called in.
Here you can see a bunch of high school students enjoying no gravity. As you can see, gravity has disappeared. Adam has to go into this machine and fix that. However, he almost gets sucked into this vortex, but his team pulls him out. Can you imagine how crazy it would be if you were walking down the street and all of the sudden there was no gravity?  Anyways, Agent Kelly, who is Adam's partner, meets up with a suspicious character with a fab mustache who has apparently hired Kelly to do his bidding. But what is he hired to do? Oh, the intrigue. After all the craziness, a bubble universe pops up out of nowhere! What the hell is that doing there and how is the bureau going to fix that?

I think this was an okay start for the series. It wasn't amazing, but I didn't hate it. Adam's character is a little boring to be honest. He's a "live fast, die young" kind of guy. I'm sure he'll develop more throughout the series. I love the idea of a bureau of physics. Very cool. You find out a little about Adam's father. He died before Adam was born. I hope they go into more detail about his father. Overall, this was a nice start! I think the concept is great and the art is good too. I'll definitely be buying issue #2

RATING: 7.5/10 lightsabers

No comments:

Post a Comment