Sunday, January 19, 2014

Booooooooooks

I decide which books to reads based on what kind of phase I'm in at the moment. One year ago, you would've most likely caught my nose stuck in a science fiction novel. For the past few months I've been obsessed with fantasy novels. I adore the fantasy genre, but I have to really be in the mood for it because sometimes I'm too impatient to read ten 1000 page long books. However, that isn't the case right now. Right now I'm reading Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn: The Final Empire. I've heard great things about this series. Sanderson's magical system is pretty fantastic and detailed. I won't talk about the book too much because I want to wait until I write a review for it. You just need to know that I'm having a fantastic time reading it!

My boyfriend bought me some fun books this Christmas. Here's a list of those books:

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
I grew up watching the movie, but I've never actually read The Last Unicorn. The movie holds a very special place in my heart so I just had to ask for this book for Christmas. There's also a graphic novel that I want to buy as well.













Dangerous Women
Holy cow, this book is huge. I love a good anthology, so when I saw this I had to have it. It'll take forever to read, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.











 

 American on Purpose: The Improbable Adventures of an Unlikely Patriot
I'm a huge Craig Ferguson fan. For those of you who don't know who he is, he is the host of The Late Late Show on CBS. I love his show because he is so strange and weird. You never really know what's going to come out of his mouth. He seems like a pretty interesting feller. He was born and raised in Scotland and became a U.S. Citizen later in life.










I also received Catching Fire and Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins. I won't really talk about those because well, everybody has already heard enough about this trilogy.

Recently, I read an article on Tor about a Q/A Patrick Rothfuss, author of The Kingkiller Chronicles, did on Reddit. He revealed that he will be releasing a novella called "The Lightning Tree" which will center around Bast and will be a part of George R. R. Martin's next anthology Rogues. He also states he is working on two other short novels with one focusing on Auri! Auri is one of my favorite characters in his series and I would love to know more about her. I'd really like a novella about Devi too. So, Rothfuss gave us some good news. However, it looks like we won't be reading the third book in the series for quite some time. NOOOOO!!!

Alright guys, that's it for today! I'll finish up Mistborn: The Final Empire and write a review soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment