Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday Haul!

I apologize for not posting in a few weeks. Everything has been crazy in my house. I went on vacation to the wonderful Dragon*Con here in Atlanta. My boyfriend and I had a great time. I was going to cosplay as Ginny from Pretty Deadly, but that didn't work out. So, I just walked around as my own persona but wore pony ears and wings. 

This week was a huge haul.  I normally never get this much, but it was great to splurge.  So here is the list of awesome things. I am going to be super busy today!!

Hexed #1 by Michael Alan Nelson and Dan Mora. Published by Boom! Studios


Luci Jennifer Inacio Das Neves (most people just call her “Lucifer”) is a supernatural thief-for-hire, stealing wondrous objects from the dark denizens of the netherworld for her mentor/mother figure, Val Brisendine. But when Lucifer accidentally unleashes a terrible evil from one of the paintings hanging in Val’s art gallery, will any of the tricks up her sleeve be enough to stop it?
 Look at that awesome cover by Emma Rios!

She-Hulk # 8 by  Charles Soule and Javier Pulido. Published by Marvel.

She-Hulk takes on a new client: CAPTAIN AMERICA! Meanwhile, Patsy does a little digging on the Blue File

If you've been reading my blog, then you know how much I love the new She-Hulk comic. I'm so proud of Marvel for writing this book and I hope it continues to be good!

Death of Wolverine (1 of 4) by Charles Soule, Steve McNiven. Published by Marvel.
 

The beginning of the end is now here … THE DEATH OF WOLVERINE!  THREE MONTHS TO DIE, the loss of Wolverine’s healing factor--all led to this, the single most important X-Men event of the decade. Logan has spent over a century being the best there is at what he does...but even the best fade away eventually. •Over the years, Logan has been a warrior, a hero, a renegade, a samurai, a teacher—and so much more. But now, the greatest X-Men hero will play a role he’s never played before in this special weekly event brought to you by industry superstars Charles Soule and Steve McNiven. 

So, I wasn't going to buy this book. I thought it was kind of dumb to kill Wolverine and it smelled of a cash grab to me...but I'm weak and decided to buy it because I saw that Charles Soule was writing it and he writes She-Hulk. Don't judge me!

Rocket Raccoon by Skottie Young Published by Marvel

Everyone’s favorite pistol-packin’ procyon* finally finds himself face-to-face with the intergalactic imposter.  It’s macho ado about everything as Macho Gomez guest-stars and the Ex-Terminators are hot on Rocket’s tail! *Procyon is the scientific term for raccoon, obviously. 

The Woods # 5 by James Tynion IV and Michael Dialynas. Published by Boom! Studios

 Jumping-on issue! Following last issue’s harrowing revelations, we catch a glimpse of Bay Point Preparatory High School before the fateful events of October 16, 2013 in this new story arc. On opening night of the school’s rendition of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” the lives of the students and faculty crossed paths in an almost premonitory way, seeding the various horrors to come.

So, I have The Woods #1-4 but I haven't read them yet. They make up the first paperback for this series so be expecting a review soon. If you want to start this series then, as the description above says, this is the issue to start reading.

Lumberjanes # 5 by Grace Ellis, Noelle Stevenson and Brooke Allen. Published by Boom! Studios

Archery is a vital skill for any Lumberjane-it teaches balance and precision, which these scouts are definitely going to need with the Bear Woman back! The Lumberjanes are on a chase through the woods and it might be time for some answers...as long as they don't lose anyone on the way... 
Black Widow #10 by Nathan Edmonson and Phil Noto. Published by Marvel Comics


Because you demanded he shows up in more than just two panels: Black Widow v.s. Hawkeye! Plus, how could their fight cost Isaiah his life?

The Bunker: Volume 1 by Joshua Hale Fialkov and Joe Infurnari. Published by Omni Press

On their way to bury a time capsule, five friends - Grady, Heidi, Natasha, Daniel, and Billy - uncover a metal bunker buried deep in the woods. Inside, they discover letters addressed to each of them... from their future selves! Told they will destroy the world in the very near future, the friends find themselves, over the next few days, growing further and further apart. Though they've been warned against making the wrong choices, how do they know what the right ones are? Can the future really be changed, or will an even darker fate engulf the world? Collects the first four issues of the The Bunker ongoing series.

This book sounds very interesting and the art is great! Can't wait to read it and post a review.

His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire #1) by Naomi Novik. Published by Del Rey.

Aerial combat brings a thrilling new dimension to the Napoleonic Wars as valiant warriors ride mighty fighting dragons, bred for size or speed. When HMS Reliant captures a French frigate and seizes the precious cargo, an unhatched dragon egg, fate sweeps Captain Will Laurence from his seafaring life into an uncertain future – and an unexpected kinship with a most extraordinary creature.

Thrust into the rarified world of the Aerial Corps as master of the dragon Temeraire, he will face a crash course in the daring tactics of airborne battle. For as France’s own dragon-borne forces rally to breach British soil in Bonaparte’s boldest gambit, Laurence and Temeraire must soar into their own baptism of fire.

I was at the Sword and Laser live podcast at Dragon Con and Naomi Novik was there as the special guest. I have never heard of Naomi Novik before and she was such a cool lady and very passionate about writing and dragons! I can't wait to read this series. 

We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lynne Ramsay


Kevin's mother struggles to love her strange child, despite the increasingly vicious things he says and does as he grows up. But Kevin is just getting started, and his final act will be beyond anything anyone imagined.

I am a big fan of Tilda Swinton.  I think she is a great actress and I will watch any movie she is in.  I'm also a fan of Ezra Miller after seeing Perks of Being a Wallflower. I think he is an actor to watch. Anyways, I've wanted to see this movie since it came out a few years ago, but I just never got around it it. I've heard it is a haunting movie and I can't wait to see it!

The Raid: Redemption by Gareth Evans

A S.W.A.T. team becomes trapped in a tenement run by a ruthless mobster and his army of killers and thugs.

I have heard nothing but amazing things about this movie so it should be kick ass.


Okay guys, that's it! Sheesh, that took FOREVER to write. I'm off to read and write some more reviews so keep a look out. Thanks for stopping by!! I'll leave you with some photos from Dragon Con!

Me with my Tenth Doctor plush!



Found a Pinkie Pie!




No comments:

Post a Comment