Thursday, August 14, 2014

Spotlight on She-Hulk!



 JENNIFER WALTERS IS…THE SHE-HULK! A stalwart Avenger, valued member of the FF, savior of the world on more than one occasion, she's also a killer attorney with a pile of degrees and professional respect. A 7-foot-tall drink of cool, emerald water, she's tough enough to knock out Galactus with one punch (possibly?) and has a heart bigger than the moon. But juggling cases and kicking bad guy butt is starting to be a little more complicated than she anticipated. With a new practice, a new paralegal and a mounting number of super villains she's racking up as personal enemies, She Hulk might have bitten off a little more than she can chew…but she just calls that that Tuesday.

One day, I randomly saw She-Hulk #1 (which I have some how misplaced!) on the shelf at my local comic book store and I absolutely loved the cover.  I don't read a lot of Marvel titles so I decided why not check this one out.  After that day, I fell in love with She-Hulk aka Jennifer Walters!  Her new series is so much fun.  It's colorful and Jennifer is funny, cool, and sassy.  This is a great comic for all ages.  I read a lot of serious comic books so adding this to my pull list helped brighten it up a little. I love Charles Soule's writing and the art of Javier Pulido with the bright colors from Muntsa Vicente create a dynamic story that leaves me wanting more at the end of each issues.



So, who is She-Hulk you ask? Well, her name is Jennifer Walters and she is a lawyer/super hero.  She has fought with The Avengers and Fantastic Four.  She's also Bruce Banner's cousin.  You might now him as The Hulk.  After being shot, Bruce had to give her a blood transfusion with his own gamma-radiated blood which turned her into the She-Hulk.  Unlike Bruce, Jennifer can control when she becomes She-Hulk and from what I can see in the comics spends most of her time in that form.  Also, unlike her cousin, her intelligence isn't affected when she is hulked out. As a side note, I love her friend Hellcat.  They fight crime together and are total besties, but are also competitive. Hellcat doesn't have any superpowers and feels like she has to constantly remind Jennifer that she can still kick as much ass as she can!  I know this sounds kind of silly, but it is just fun to see them save the day together.  This book is so much fun, so if you read comics and are looking to add something to your pull list then PLEASE add She-Hulk!  I want this title to be around for a long time, so please go out and support it. 



One day, my boyfriend comes home from work with a HUGE tub of comic books.  His boss just gave us over 100 of his old comic books. And guess who was in the huge pile of comic books?  That's right, my girl She-Hulk.  His boss had about two years worth of She-Hulk comics (about 25 issues) from her run in the late 80's to mid 90's. You could say I was a little excited.

Will I love the She-Hulk from the late 80's as much as I love her current version?  I doubt it (hoping that I am wrong).  I think there is something really special about this book, but I will read the older issues and let you guys know my thoughts.

Look at that gorgeous cover. JUST LOOK AT IT!


Alright guys, I'm done. Just go out and buy the damn book. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment